New Artwork...Just for fun!

I've been working on some new art work...some experimental and some practice...but all FUN! I won't write a lot about it, I'll just let you enjoy!

#1 - My Favorite Park
This is a colored pencil drawing. I used mostly greens, browns and grays to draw, (with circles), a very beautiful little walking park near my apartment in Lake Mary, FL. I love walking here and listening to my favorite music and thinking about Heaven. I'm sure it has a lot of very similar parks everywhere! I imagine them being a lot more colorful, though...so I may draw this park again with more experimental colors.



#2 - Peace at the Wall
This is a pastel painting that I did while thinking about praying for Jerusalem. I'm sure it has been done before, but, I really was just thinking about the peace of the Lord descending on those praying at the Western Wall. I may try it again as well, making the dove a little smaller and people praying at the bottom...who knows!
It's drawn on beige velour paper.



#3 - A fun Menorah
I love the colors in this painting done with pastels on beige velour paper. I love the combination of bright greens and purples in the painting. It's meant to be fun and have a sense of joy. It is also sort of abstract with the shape and angle being not so realistic. I may use this painting to make cards during the holidays next year. What do you think?



#4 - Dancing for Joy
Again, this painting is not necessarily suppose to be realistic. I am just learning how to paint and draw just for the joy of it. No one may like them...but that's not the point. I really enjoyed it and I'm hoping that comes across! I'm really not as happy with the choice of colors, but I enjoyed painting it just the same. It's also pastels on velour paper.



#5 - Oranges...mmm
I have really been enjoying oranges lately. I love the taste of oranges, but if I'm having a stressful day the smell of orange peels can really make me happy. So I decided to try out some new oil pastels (similar to crayons) and draw my favorite food...like I said, it's just about the joy of it!



#6 - Ballerina's POINT of view
Last, but not least, is the colored pencil drawing that I did of a ballerina's feet on point. It was just something I wanted to draw. It is more realistic, though probably not perfect! I will definitely try this one again. However, I enjoyed it...and that's what it's about!


Thanks for reading my blog...please comment below and share with anyone you think may enjoy it and I promise to post more often! Blessings!!!

1 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Beautiful work! You have been busy. :) I love the way all the circles come together in the park piece. Gorgeous.

Post a Comment