Drawing Progress-Sweet Little Girls - #2



Okay, so far I have nearly completed Sister #1. She is a beautiful little girl and bringing her face to life using my Derwent Colour Soft (Brown Earth) pencil was a blast. I cannot wait to finish drawing her and completing the other two. As you may be able to see in the above picture I have drawn in the shadows and details that make a subject become more realistic. She pops out of the portrait!

I have a little tip, (for anyone who doesn't already know it)...when you are drawing, one of the best ways to see if there are any areas that need improvement in your drawing is to take a picture of it and look at it on your computer screen. I have no idea why it's so easy to see little areas to tweak, but it is. So looking at this picture of Sister #1 is driving me nuts! I didn't see those things before, but now I see what needs to be tweaked!

I have also started on Sister #2's hair. Hair can be very difficult and takes a lot of patience...especially if it is dark hair. (Layering color is the key). I still have plenty to do on her hair and then it is to the shadows of her face (my favorite).

Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment